- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Ex-Aeropostale exec gets eight years prison sentence over kickbacks
- Abercrombie sales slide 5.8%; dropping logo from clothes
- P.S. From Aeropostale launches brand in Mexico, 100 stores on tap
- American Apparel battle heats up as retailer adopts poison pill
New York -- Aeropostale announced Wednesday it has acquired online women's fashion footwear and apparel retailer GoJane.com, based in Ontario, Calif.
The purchase of GoJane.com, which generated sales of about $19 million in 2011, is intended to beef up Aeropostale’s already growing e-commerce business.
“We are very excited about our strategic acquisition of GoJane, which complements our fast growing e-commerce business as we expand into new product categories and offerings,” said Thomas P. Johnson, CEO, Aeropostale. “We expect a seamless transition of this new business from a strategic, operational and cultural perspective."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.