- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart To Go, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores said August same-store sales at U.S. stores rose 3.3%, on the low end of its forecast range, as surging gasoline prices led shoppers to limit purchases to food and basic back-to-school merchandise. Same-store sales in July were up 4.4%. Sales of groceries outpaced those of general merchandise for the sixth month this year.