- Abercrombie sales slide 5.8%; dropping logo from clothes
- Gap CEO Glen Murphy to retire; digital head Art Peck to take reins
- Juicy Couture to close existing U.S. locations; open new store format in 2015
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
San Francisco -- Gap has opened its first Banana Republic store in Russia, in Moscow's AfiMall City. In related news, the company will open its first Gap store in Belgrade, Serbia, on Friday.
“We are very proud to not only be introducing Banana Republic to Russia, but also opening our 200th franchise store,” said Stephen Sunnucks, president, international, Gap. “This is a significant landmark for our goal of growing our franchise store base to 400 by 2014.”
The Serbian store will be managed under a franchise deal with The Marinopoulos Group.