- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Brand Keys: Back-to-school spending to rise 9%
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
New York City Barnes & Noble said Thursday that its Nook eBook Reader will be sold in 2,500 Walmart stores and online at walmart.com.
The bookseller said that the Nook devices are slated to arrive on Walmart shelves beginning as soon as Oct. 24, in advance of the holiday shopping season. The readers will be displayed in Walmart’s consumer electronics areas.