- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Gordmans names former Stage Stores chief exec as CEO
- Neiman Marcus to open its first Manhattan store, at Hudson Yards
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
York, Pa. -- The Bon-Ton Stores said Tuesday it has appointed Brendan L. Hoffman as president and CEO, effective Feb. 7.
Hoffman replaces Bud Bergren, who is a current member of the board of directors and who will transition to the role of the chairman.
Hoffman was the president and CEO of Lord & Taylor since October 2008. Prior to that, he served six years as president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Direct, a subsidiary of The Neiman Marcus Group, where he oversaw the growth of neimanmarcus.com and the launch and growth of bergdorfgoodman.com.
“I am excited to lead the Bon-Ton team as it embarks on a new phase of growth,” said Hoffman.