- Alibaba: Why You Need To Rethink Your Omnichannel Approach
- Asia is the New Land of Opportunity for U.S. Retailers
- Visa in deal with Borderfree to push U.S. retail promotions in Middle East
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart Making Switch to LED Ceiling Lights
Canton, Mass. -- Casual Male Retail Group announced that its first DestinationXL store in the Middle East will open this spring in Symphony Mall, Kuwait City, Kuwait, under a franchise agreement between one of its subsidiaries and The Standard Arabian Business & Enterprises Company (SABECO).
The franchise agreement governs the operation of the store and provides that within two years of the store's opening to the public, the Casual Male Retail Group subsidiary has an option to purchase an equity interest in the store. The store is expected to open in April.
David Levin, president and CEO, stated, "We are looking forward to the store's opening and we are excited about the prospects for the region. We believe that SABECO has the expertise to create a successful franchise and operate an outstanding DestinationXL store in the Middle East."