- Costco pays fine, will fix refrigerant leaks to settle Clean Air Act charges
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Wal-Mart cuts profit forecast on sluggish Q2
Issaquah, Wash. -- Costco Wholesale Corp reported a 4% rise in same-store sales, missing analysts' expectations for a 5.2% increase. The company said its results were negatively impacted by lower fuel prices and a strong dollar, which hurt the value of its sales overseas.
Net sales at Costco rose 7%to $9.67 billion for the five-week period ended April 7.