- Costco Q3 profit rises but fall short of Street; sales up
- Survey: Google and Costco tops in compensation and benefits
- Costco pays fine, will fix refrigerant leaks to settle Clean Air Act charges
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
Issaquah, Wash. -- Costco Wholesale Corp. reported Wednesday that net income for the quarter ended Sept. 2 jumped 27% to $609 million, from $478 million in the year-ago period. The warehouse club operator credited strong sales and higher member fees for the improved profit performance.
Sales climbed 14% to $31.52 billion, and same-store sales rose 5%. Membership fee revenue rose 18% to $694 million. The company said it plans to open up to 14 new warehouses before the end of calendar year 2012.