- Sportsman’s Warehouse to open Colorado, Arizona stores
- Uniqlo continues U.S. expansion with store at Roosevelt Field
- Report: Postal Service seeks expansion of Amazon grocery pilot
- Nine West Chats up Customers
- Dick’s Sporting Goods’ president and COO stepping down at year-end; merchandise VP also resigns
Pittsburgh -- Dick's Sporting Goods said Tuesday that it will build a new distribution center in Goodyear, Ariz., that will service the western United States. The new DC, which is expected to bring approximately 120 jobs to the area, is slated to open in early 2013.
The distribution center will be designed to ultimately support approximately 160 stores as Dick's Sporting Goods grows its store base in the western United States over the next five to 10 years and is eventually expected to employ up to 300 associates.
The new DC will span 600,000 sq. ft. and stretch across more than 50 acres. Construction on the approximately $40 million distribution center is scheduled to start in December. Dick’s is pursuing Leadership in Energy and Environment Design for the facility with plans to incorporate sustainable components such as high-efficiency lighting and HVAC, recycled and environmentally-friendly construction materials, energy management systems and recycling programs for corrugate and plastics.