- Simon Property teams up with online Refinery29 to target Millennials with pop-ups
- Jose Pepper’s and Eddie Bauer Outlet to open at Legends Outlets Kansas City
- JLL: Retail development on fire in Florida
- Luxury vacation club company opening interactive centers in high-end malls
- Johnny Rockets enters Bolivia
Henderson, Nev. -- One of Southern Nevada’s largest shopping centers is set to undergo a $7 million renovation, its largest since it opened in 1996. According to mall owner, Cleveland-based Forest City Enterprises, construction is scheduled to begin early April and is slated for completion in the fall.
Boutique Talulah will join H&M in the newly renovated mall. Bath & Body Works and Express stores will relocate to new locations inside the center.
The renovation will also bring improvements to the food court, center court, guest services center and restrooms. Other new amenities will include a new play area and a family restroom.
"We're very excited about the renovation, which will enhance the experience and comfort of our shoppers," said Heather Valera, director of marketing for Galleria at Sunset. “We are also welcoming global fashion giant H&M, which is regularly requested by shoppers." The store will be two levels, approximately 20,000 sq. ft. and located in the heart of the shopping center.
The contractor on the project is VCC USA. The architect is RTKL.
The 1.05-million-sq.-ft. shopping center opened in 1996 and is anchored by Macy's, J.C. Penney, Dillard’s, Kohl’s and Dick's Sporting Goods.