- Three Takeaways from Walgreens’ Innovation Strategy
- GE Lighting, ByteLight collaborate on smart LED fixtures
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- Walgreens installs Cree LEDs in Goodyear, Arizona, store
- Batteries Plus expands overseas with acquisition of LED Hut Ltd.
East Cleveland, Ohio -- Walgreens recently upgraded its general lighting across 80% of the chain's nationwide locations, through a partnership with GE Lighting.
As part of its new lighting initiative, Walgreens said it has changed its lights to the new GE F25 T8 linear fluorescent tubes, which is designed to save thousands of dollars as it impacts more than 4.3 million lights at nearly 7,000 stores. Additionally, the new linear fluorescent fixtures from GE Lighting are expected to increase energy efficiency by 9% and extend re-lamp cycles by 10%.
"Creating the very best shopping experience for our customers is our top priority, and lighting helps us achieve that goal," said Tim Schmid, divisional VP facilities management, energy and sustainability, Walgreens.