- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Study: Only 5% of Americans have made purchase on a social media site
- Alliance Data: Halloween spending growing across categories
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- Facebook Q2 revenue, profit soar amid strong increases in mobile ad spending
General Growth Properties is leveraging social media to promote Halloween. The mall owner has launched an online Halloween photo contest that prompts participants – from Oct. 17 through Nov. 2 -- to visit their local GGP mall’s Facebook page and upload a Halloween photo for the opportunity to win a family vacation for four to Universal Orlando Resort.
“Halloween is such a fun time of year,” said Keith Maladra, VP digital marketing. “I can’t wait to see creative costume postings. Our malls’ Facebook pages continue to be a popular communication vehicle with our shoppers.”
GGP has layered additional social media promotional offerings, as shoppers are invited to participate in a Haunted House of Savings national sweepstakes. Customers can log onto local GGP mall websites to play Halloween games and enter prize sweepstakes that include mall gift cards.
And, from Oct. 5 through Nov. 1, The Club Mobile App will be a part of the Halloween program, as shoppers can play the Play-a-Day mobile app game for a chance to win a $50 Shop Etc. Gift Card. One winner is chosen each day from all entries received nationally. Participants also will receive special sales alerts at their local GGP malls.