- CVS Caremark changes name to CVS Health as stores stop selling tobacco
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Apple Pay: What Retailers need to know
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- Walmart expands role in health care with in-store one-stop insurance shopping
Nashville, Tenn. RetailROI, the Retail Orphan Initiative, has announced that IBM has become the first Founding Level Sponsor in their corporate logo program. Through its sponsorship, IBM will help advance RetailROI's efforts to channel goods and resources to vulnerable children around the world.
According to UNICEF's latest report, there are over 163 million orphaned children worldwide, a population that exceeds the entire population of Russia. The Retail Orphan Initiative was created as a charitable foundation to help fund charities that are on the forefront of orphan care (providing food, shelter, education, medical treatment and clothing), adoption, and foster care.
"We are honored to have IBM join RetailROI as a corporate sponsor," said Greg Buzek, donor trustee for the Retail Orphan Initiative. "IBM sits in the center of the retail universe and we are delighted that they are joining our efforts to help usher in more opportunities to help millions of children around the world."