- Study: Only 5% of Americans have made purchase on a social media site
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Amazon expands deal with Twitter to include ‘Wish List’
- Twitter testing ‘buy’ button enabling shopping directly from a Tweet
- Facebook Q2 revenue, profit soar amid strong increases in mobile ad spending
New York City -- The International Council of Shopping Centers said Wednesday it has created a social media application by Mobile Fridge, allowing users to view ICSC events and trends via smartphone.
The app, which can be downloaded to iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with iOS 4.0 or later, will act as the social media portal for ICSC, advising where the next social media event is taking place, educating industry professionals on how their peers are utilizing social media platforms to enhance their business goals, and providing a direct link to the ICSC YouTube channel, Facebook page, Twitter account, LinkedIn profile, Foursquare page, and ICSC blog.
The ICSC social media app is broken down into three sections; conference, agenda and social media feed. The conference section allows users to view essential conference information such as the location, date of the event and time it begins. Users can search their local area and plan which events to attend. Under the agenda tab, the program of each conference can be found, displaying pertinent details of each presentation or event taking place. The social media feed connects the ICSC accounts for Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the ICSC blog.