- Ikea to raise minimum wage for U.S. workers based on cost of living in each area
- Woolrich opens first-ever U.S.store; more in works
- Ikea expanding its Detroit-area store with help of Clark Construction Company
- Square and Epicor lead mobile POS software rankings, according to IHL Group
- QuikTrip tops Market Force survey of favorite convenience store chains
Ontario -- Ikea said Tuesday that it has begun construction on the expansion of its current Montreal store to what will be its largest store in North America.
Set to be complete summer 2013, the new Ikea Montreal will be 469, 694 sq. ft. and will feature expanded inventory and services such as a 600-seat restaurant and 1,400+ parking spots.
According to the Swedish home furnishings retailer, it will leverage technological advancements in the expansion project that will make this new store as much as 40% more efficient than stores Ikea built in the early 2000s.