- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- CVS Caremark to acquire Navarro Discount Pharmacy
Plano, Texas J. C. Penney Co. announced that president and chief merchandising officer Ken C. Hicks has been named to the company’s board of directors.
Hicks was named president and chief merchandising officer in 2005, after joining the company in 2002 as president and COO of J.C. Penney stores and merchandise operations.Before joining J.C. Penney, he was president of Payless ShoeSource, Inc. (now known as Collective Brands, Inc.), from 1999 to 2002, where he oversaw all operations related to its 4,900 stores in seven countries.