- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Walmart shows support of women-owned businesses with new logo
Bentonville, Ark. – Raj Jain, who has overseen Wal-Mart’s India unit since 2007, has left his position. Neither Wal-Mart nor Jain has made any public statement on his departure. Wal-Mart has named Ramnik Narsey as interim head of its Indian operations. Narsey, former chairman and CEO of Woolworth’s India, joined Wal-Mart in May.
"We remain optimistic about our business in India and look forward to our future in India under Ramnik's leadership," Scott Price, president and CEO for Wal-Mart Asia, said in an official statement.
Wal-Mart has been running stores in India since 2009 and works with local joint venture partner Bharti Enterprises.