- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
Plano, Texas -- J.C. Penney Co. on Thursday took the wraps off its highly anticipated new home department. More than 500 stores received a complete home department revamp, with updated flooring, accent lighting, custom fixturing and a widened pathway.
The new department is made up of a collection of in-store shops for popular designers, including Michael Graves Design, MarthaHome, Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler, and Design by Conran. Each shop-has its own distinct look with a size range of about 300 to about 800 sq. ft.
Penney’s home center revamp was key to former CEO Ron Johnson’s plan to transform Penney.