- Neiman Marcus to open its first Manhattan store, at Hudson Yards
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Wet Seal CEO resigns; former chief exec returns to helm
- Nordstrom to acquire online menswear retailer Trunk Club
Dallas -- Neiman Marcus has launched a contest to find the perfect blogger that embodies the sensibility of its Cusp brand.
Neiman Marcus launched the Cusp brand in 2006 with two freestanding stores that offered customers a contemporary assortment of apparel and accessories. The brand has grown over time to include a total of six Cusp stores, Cusp.com and integration into the 42 Neiman Marcus stores.
The contest runs through Nov. 15 via the Neiman Marcus Facebook page. Each entrant is asked to submit a portrait that captures the essence of her personal style and the Cusp brand, a general personal bio including blog URL, and a statement of why they believe they are the "Blogger on the Cusp." In addition, they will be asked to fill out a series of questions related to their style.
In mid October, five finalists will be chosen from a panel of Neiman Marcus judges. Finalists will be given the opportunity to host a Cusp event for their friends at a local Cusp store or NM Cusp department. In addition, each finalist will receive a $1,000 gift card and opportunities at their local Neiman Marcus or Cusp to promote their in-store event. Finalist's portraits will be posted for voting on neimanmarcus.com and Cusp.com. The final winner will receive a $2,500 gift card.