- Nordstrom to acquire online menswear retailer Trunk Club
- Nordstrom Rack to open in Staten Island
- Nordstrom makes Instagram shoppable, launches Like2Buy platform
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Simon Property teams up with online Refinery29 to target Millennials with pop-ups
Seattle -- Nordstrom announced two new locations for Nordstrom Rack, with stores planned for Chicago and Jacksonville, Fla.
In Jacksonville, Nordstrom Rack will open in The Markets at Town Center in Jacksonville, Fla. The approximately 35,000-sq.-ft. store is scheduled to open in fall 2013.
The announcement follows recently announced plans to open a Nordstrom full-line store at St. Johns Town Center in fall 2014. Nordstrom currently operates nine full-line stores and eight Rack stores throughout Florida.
In Chicago, Nordstrom Rack will open at The Maxwell. The approximately 36,500-sq.-ft. location is scheduled to open in 2014. Nordstrom currently operates four full-line and seven Rack stores in the Chicago area.
The 230,000-sq.-ft, Maxwell shopping center project will be located within the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago.