- Nordstrom makes Instagram shoppable, launches Like2Buy platform
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Blank Label’s Brick-and-Mortar Leap
- Simon Property teams up with online Refinery29 to target Millennials with pop-ups
- Wet Seal CEO resigns; former chief exec returns to helm
Seattle -- Nordstrom announced plans to open a store at Mayfair, in Wauwatosa, Wis., the largest mixed-use shopping center in the state. Scheduled to open in 2015, it will be the retailer’s first full-line store in the greater Milwaukee area. Mayfair is owned by General Growth Properties.
The company plans to open an approximately 140,000-sq.-ft., three-level store. Nordstrom will join Macy's, Boston Store, Crate & Barrel and the Apple Store at Mayfair.
"We've heard from customers in the Milwaukee area for years that they would appreciate a store in their community," said Erik Nordstrom. "We're glad we have an opportunity to serve our customers, as well as those new to Nordstrom, in such a strong location as Mayfair."