- Pizza Hut installs Entouch energy management systems
- Major Western restaurant player to open five Utah PizzaRev locations
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Pizza Hut, Papa John’s lead in quick-service satisfaction
- Taco John’s selects InMoment’s customer experience, optimization platform
Plano, Texas -- Pizza Hut has debuted new concept stores in York, Neb., and Pawtucket, R.I.
The concepts feature an all-new "pizza by the slice" experience with slices cut from an 18-inch pizza.
Each location has unique components driven by market behavior and dining style. The store in York will seat 80-plus, highlighting the eat-in experience, while the location in Pawtucket will have a smaller seating area, accommodating roughly 30 spots. The Pawtucket location is expected to primarily be a delivery and carryout option, with the pizza by the slice experience augmenting business during lunch hours and for busy, on-the-go consumers. Both locations will offer the pizza by the slice "bar."
The new, fast-casual concepts include digital menu boards, deck ovens and an open seating environment, all twists on the company's traditional dine-in stores. "We believe these concepts have broad appeal, and we're bullish on our plans to quickly expand them to additional locations," said Al Litchenburg, chief development officer, Pizza Hut. "We are a company driven to innovate and give customers what they want and a vibrant store experience is atop that list."