- PwC: Holiday Shopping Forecast 2014
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Survey: Parents to increase back-to-school spend, use physical stores
- PwC US: Top 10 trends that will drive holiday shopping
- Accenture: Holiday spending to increase; discount stores top destination
Yonkers, N.Y. -- Poll results released Thursday by Consumer Reports found that, with only five shopping days left until Christmas, 68% of shoppers – or about 132 million Americans – have yet to finish their gift shopping.
Seventeen million are estimated to hit stores on Christmas Eve.
When asked which gift they were most likely to grab at the last-minute, 62% of shoppers said they would go with a gift card or gift certificate, 27% would opt for cash, while 15% would select liquor. Lottery tickets and candy would be a last-minute choice for 12% respectively, while 4% would issue an IOU or gift-to-be-determined.