- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Target in same-day curbside pickup pilot with startup Curbside
- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
- eMarketer: Back-to-school drives $50 billion in summer e-commerce sales
- Ace Metrix: Target had top back-to-school ad
New York -- Best Buy Co. Inc. and Target Corp. ended a partnership that positioned Geek Squad agents in Target stores in Denver and Minneapolis, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.
The six-month pilot allowed Geek Squad personnel to offer services such as installation and repair to electronics customers at 29 Target stores. The program covered a wide range of consumer electronics products, according to the report.
“As part of our ongoing … transformation efforts we have been very clear that we are focused on the company’s core business, including the Geek Squad opportunity with Best Buy’s own customers,” Best Buy company spokesman Matt Furman said in a statement. “We have valued our collaboration with an outstanding Target team, whom we admire and respect as retail leaders and hometown business colleagues.”