- Abercrombie sales slide 5.8%; dropping logo from clothes
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Abercrombie & Fitch nominates four directors; settles with Engaged
- Report: Abercrombie settles suit over CEO pay
- Report: Abercrombie installing in-store mobile charging stations
New York -- Investor Engaged Capital LLC has urged Abercrombie & Fitch to start a search for a new chief executive officer and consider selling the company, Bloomberg reported. The company owns less than 1% of the retailer’s shares outstanding.
In a letter to Abercrombie’s board, Engaged Capital said that there is “no qualified successor” to current Michael Jeffries, whose contract expires Feb. 1. Jeffries is a “major stumbling block” to a potential sale of the company to private equity, Engaged Capital said.