- Office Depot raises outlook on cost-savings from 400 planned store closings
- Value CEO resigns from Office Depot board, cites progress
- Former Sears CIO named CIO of Office Depot International
- Office Depot receives office supplies contract from Corporate United
- Office Depot selects Teradata for large data warehouses capabilities
New York -- A Friday report by Bloomberg said that Office Depot is considering selling the remaining 50% of its Mexican unit to Grupo Gigante SAB, which currently owns the other half.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg reported that Grupo Gigante is in talks with local banks to fund the acquisition of Office Depot de Mexico.
Office Depot has been pressured by its biggest shareholder Starboard Value to fully spin off the Mexican unit. Starboard has been pressuring the office supply retailer to shore up earnings by cutting expenses and square footage.