- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart Making Switch to LED Ceiling Lights
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Walmart shows support of women-owned businesses with new logo
- Wal-Mart teams up with Green Dot to offer low-cost checking accounts
Bentonville, Ark. -- A report Thursday by Bloomberg said that Wal-Mart Stores is battling rising commodity prices by working with its suppliers to avoid price increases, among other strategies.
“We find creative ways to work around it,” Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Wal-Mart International, told Bloomberg. “First we try to keep our costs as low as we can, secondly work with our supply chain as best we can.”
Wal-Mart is “innovating” with transport and packaging to reduce costs, he said.