- PwC: Holiday Shopping Forecast 2014
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Survey: Target generates most positive grocery sentiment
New York City, Wal-Mart Stores will make good on plans to expand in Central and Eastern Europe, according to the Hungarian newspaper Nepszabadsag. The report, unconfirmed by Wal-Mart, suggests Wal-Mart plans to buy the Cora hypermarket, owned by Belgian-French retailer Louis Delhaize. Back in June, Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott described Eastern Europe as a possible area of expansion.