- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Wal-Mart Making Switch to LED Ceiling Lights
- Wal-Mart promotes Broader to new exec role in international division
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores chief merchandising officer Duncan MacNaughton said during a CIBC conference on Wednesday that Wal-Mart’s domestic sales momentum has continued over the last two months.
The world’s largest retailer registered a same-store sales rise of 1.3% in U.S. stores in the third quarter and a 1.5% increase in the fourth quarter.
Results reversed a nine-quarter streak of same-store sales declines.
According to MacNaughton, the momentum continued in February and March, as well.