- Costco pays fine, will fix refrigerant leaks to settle Clean Air Act charges
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Costco and L Brands shine in August; Gap disappoints
New York -- Costco Wholesale Corp. will expand its Issaquah, Wash., headquarters, according to published reports on Friday.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reported Friday that Issaquah's director of economic development, Keith Niven, said the club retailer would expand the headquarters to take up as much as 1.5 million sq. ft.
The Tacoma, Wash., News Tribune reported that the company currently takes up three buildings that are full.
The plan comes on the heels of announced second quarter 2013 sales that increased 8% and profits that increased to $547 million, from $394 million last year, meeting or exceeding Wall Street analysts' estimates.