- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- PREIT Enters into Agreement to Sell Non-Core Anchor Pad
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
Warrendale, Pa. -- Apparel retailer Rue21 announced the opening of its 500th etc! store, in Franklin Mills, Pa. The etc! format was introduced five years ago to highlight the company's expanded accessories category, and has since been incorporated into all new Rue21 stores and remodels.
The five categories of etc! -- footwear, fragrance/beauty, accessories, jewelry, and the area brand of intimate apparel and sleepwear -- are merchandised together in approximately 1,000 sq. ft. within Rue21 stores and have been important in driving incremental sales.
Bob Fisch, president and CEO, stated: "The etc! business continues to be an important part of our overall strategy as we push to increase our market share. As we open and convert stores to this format, we drive square footage and high-margin incremental sales, and also make our stores even more of a destination for our target demographic.”
The company is on target to open 110 new stores and convert approximately 35 existing stores to the etc! format in 2011.