- Former Saks CEO Sadove to lead new tech-focused division at Traub Associates
- Saks to anchor new center in Miami
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Simon breaks ground on Chicago Premium Outlets expansion
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
Houston -- Saks Inc. will open a new flagship store immediately adjacent to its existing location in the Houston Galleria, featuring 198,000 sq. ft. over two levels and a state-of-the-art store design. The current store will remain open until the new store opens in fall 2015. Once the old store closes, it will be converted to a two-level mall wing connecting the new Saks to Neiman Marcus and adding 35 retailers and restaurants.
The Galleria is co-owned by Simon Property Group and Institutional Mall Investors. It is the nation’s fourth-largest shopping center with 2.2 million sq. ft. of retail space, four department stores and more than 350 other retail tenants.