- Sears borrows $400 million from CEO Lampert's hedge fund
- Sears to sell most of Sears Canada stake as it looks to boost liquidity
- Former Sears CIO named CIO of Office Depot International
- Destination XL Q2 loss widens; plans 40 new DXL stores
- Sears Canada CEO to leave by year-end; search on for new chief
Hoffman Estates, Ill. -- Sears Holdings announced that Sears Canada has filed a Registration Statement on Form 20-F with the U.S. SEC in connection with the company’s previously announced plan to spin-off a portion of its interest in Sears Canada.
Sears Holdings currently owns approximately 95% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Sears Canada. Following the spin-off, Sears Holdings will retain approximately 51% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Sears Canada. Sears Canada will continue to be listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.