- Wet Seal CEO resigns; former chief exec returns to helm
- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Nordstrom to acquire online menswear retailer Trunk Club
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
Jacksonville, Fla. – Stein Mart, Inc. has named Burton M. Tansky to the company's board of directors. Tansky was with The Neiman Marcus Group for 23 years, retiring as president and CEO in 2010.
Before being named as CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group in 2001, Tansky was president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Stores. Prior to this, he served as CEO of Bergdorf Goodman, a division of The Neiman Marcus Group, and president of Saks Fifth Avenue. Tansky currently serves as Senior Advisor of Marvin Traub Associates. He also serves on the board of directors of Donald Pliner Shoes and of The Howard Hughes Corporation.