- Microsoft plans NYC flagship store; 10 new stores for holidays
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Survey: L.L. Bean tops in overall customer service in August
Jacksonville, Fla. -- Revenue at stores open at least one year climbed 8% last month for discount retailer Stein Mart. According to Stein Mart, strong sales of linens and ladies’ casual and career sportswear helped drive revenue growth and offset weaker sales in dresses, ladies’ accessories and men’s sportswear.
For the quarter to date, revenue at stores open at least a year increased 1.2% and total revenue climbed 3.8% to $321.4 million.
Stein Mart CEO Jay Stein also credited the change of seasons with helping his company’s performance. "Now that we are seeing warmer weather, our customers are responding well to our spring merchandise and we are truly satisfied with what this has done for our sales," he said in a statement.