Ann Arbor, Mich. – Amazon.com and L.L. Bean tied for the highest company-level customer satisfaction scores during the 2013 holiday season. According to the ForeSee Experience Index: 2013 U.S. Retail Edition, Amazon and L.L. Bean both scored 90, while Priceline had the lowest company-level satisfaction score (75) of 100 top retailers included in the Index.
The study offers a comprehensive view of satisfaction at the company-level and across every applicable sales channel including store, contact center, web and mobile.
Key findings include:
- Apple lost to the supermarket chain Publix Super Markets in Store satisfaction with a score of 86, three points higher than Apple’s score of 83.
- While Amazon (88) led the pack for Web satisfaction, some retail sites such as Vitacost.com (86), Keurig.com (84) and LLbean.com (84) are creeping closer. Basspro.com (83) and Crateandbarrel.com (80) tied for the most improved sites with seven-point gains in customer satisfaction from last year.
- Walmart (80) was the only company to experience a significant increase of more than three points in Mobile satisfaction, seeing a five-point improvement from 2012’s score. Again, Amazon led the pack with a mobile satisfaction score of 87.
- QVC (88) beat Amazon (85) in contact center satisfaction by three points. Costco (85) and O’Reilly Auto Parts (85) tied Amazon in contact center satisfaction.
- Almost half (49%) of people reported that the company they visited was one of several companies they considered equally when shopping.
- The majority of customers (57%) were single-channel users with a satisfaction score of 82, and the remaining 43% who used two or more channels to engage with the company recorded a satisfaction score of 85.
“The results of ForeSee’s most comprehensive holiday report provide interesting insights into the holiday shopping experience,” said Larry Freed, president and CEO of ForeSee. “The data shows that customer loyalty for retailers is on the decline, yet consumers are satisfied with the top retail brands and had the best experience with retailers who mastered the multichannel experience. While Amazon continues to reign supreme across multiple channels, several retailers have identified critical drivers for increased sales and have made great strides to improve the multichannel customer experience, setting themselves up for success into 2014.”