- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
- Power Brokers: 15 Real Estate Heavyweights
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Bloomingdale's goes high-tech at new store in Palo Alto, California
- Target in same-day curbside pickup pilot with startup Curbside
New York -- Target Corp. opened a new retail concept, called C9 Active Apparel, in San Francisco, Women’s Wear Daily and other media outlets reported.
The 3,000-sq.-ft. store is devoted to the C9 by Champion activewear brand, which was launched by Target in 2004. It is located in Westfield’s Metreon center, which also houses a CityTarget store.
The new store has an industrial feel, with concrete flooring and exposed ceiling, according to the reports, with no Target identifying-logo or signage.