- Bloomingdale's goes high-tech at new store in Palo Alto, California
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
- Power Brokers: 15 Real Estate Heavyweights
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
Minneapolis -- Target announced it will open a CityTarget store in the Westwood Market Place, Westwood, Calif., in July 2012. The 98,000- sq.-ft. store will occupy a space that formerly housed Home Depot Expo.
The Westwood location is the second CityTarget store confirmed in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Target previously announced that it would open a small-format, urban store at Figueroa and 7th in downtown Los Angeles in October 2012.
In addition to the two Los Angeles area CityTarget stores, Target will open small-format stores in Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco in 2012.