- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Target in same-day curbside pickup pilot with startup Curbside
- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
- Nordstrom makes Instagram shoppable, launches Like2Buy platform
- Ace Metrix: Target had top back-to-school ad
New York -- Target Corp. will soon join the ranks of retailers who are no longer reporting monthly same-store sales. The discounter on Thursday said it will no longer report comparable sales, beginning in fiscal 2013.
“This decision is based on discussions with many of our investors and is consistent with the practice of the vast majority of our retail peers,” said John Mulligan, CFO, Target. “We believe aligning our sales guidance and reporting with disclosure of our quarterly financial results will create a longer-term focus and provide greater understanding of our sales results in the context of our overall financial performance.”