- Simon Gets Technical With New Plug and Play Collaboration
- Simon Property teams up with online Refinery29 to target Millennials with pop-ups
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Nordstrom Rack to open in Staten Island
- Franklin Mills changes name to Philadelphia Mills as part of major overhaul
Indianapolis -- Simon Property Group Tanger Factory Outlet Centers announced Wednesday a joint venture to develop two new upscale outlet centers in Charlotte, N.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
The two companies said they will build a 350,000-sq.-ft. outlet center – branded Charlotte Premium Outlets -- in Charlotte in a location previously announced by Tanger, eight miles southwest of uptown Charlotte. There is also the potential of a 50,000-sq.-ft. expansion from the first phase of the project. Opening is slated for spring 2014 and is expected to feature more than 90 upscale brand name and designer outlet stores.
Simon and Tanger also plan to build an approximately 350,000-sq.-ft. center in Columbus, branded Tanger Outlets. The center is planned to open in time for the 2014 holiday season. When completed, the center will be home to more than 90 upscale brand name and designer outlet stores.