- Lands’ End Business Outfitters launches new online experience
- Urban Outfitters sees record Q2 sales, profit slides
- Appealing to Gen Y Shoppers
- Urban Outfitters issues apology for controversial Kent State sweatshirt
- Urban Outfitters opens side-by-side men’s and women’s stores in Westwood Village, California
Philadelphia -- Urban Outfitters Inc.’s profit for the second quarter rose 8% to $61.3 million from $56.7 million in the year-ago period, helped by strong sales as its namesake stores.
Total company net sales for the quarter, ended July 31, rose by 11% over the same quarter last year to $676 million. Same-store net sales, which include the direct-to-consumer channel, increased 4% for the quarter, while comparable store net sales decreased 1%.
During the six months ended July 31, 2012, the company opened a total of 28 stores including: 10 Free People stores, 10 Urban Outfitters stores, six Anthropologie stores, one BHLDN store and one Terrain garden center. It closed one Anthropologie store.