- Franklin Mills changes name to Philadelphia Mills as part of major overhaul
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Survey: Nearly all Americans use coupons
- PREIT Enters into Agreement to Sell Non-Core Anchor Pad
- Ross Dress for Less opens new Philadelphia store Oct. 11
Philadelphia -- Visionworks, the largest wholly owned U.S.-based optical retailer, has opened its first store in the Philadelphia area. Located in Deptford Township, N.J., it is the first of more than 25 stores expected to open in the market through 2013.
The San Antonio-based retailer plans to open 17 stores before the end of 2012 and additional locations by April 2013.
"Philadelphia is an ideal market to expand our business, and we are looking forward to serving Philadelphia-area residents," said Visionworks president Jim Eisen.
Visionworks (formerly Eye Care Centers of America, Inc.) operates more than 550 optical retail stores in 39 states and the District of Columbia under 12 different banners.