- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
New York City, The world's largest retailer could get some fashion know how from world-famous brand Tommy Hilfiger. Wal-Mart Stores has reportedly expressed mild interest in Hilfiger, which was put up for auction last month. The retailer has long attempted to boost its fashion image, but some analysts are skeptical that the two companies are a good fit.
The news first appeared in fashion-industry trade magazine Women's Wear Daily. In today's New York Times it was reported that the Bentonville, Ark.-based retailer hasn't seriously studied the implications of an acquisition, but might consider it.