- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart shows support of women-owned businesses with new logo
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
Cicero, Ill. -- The town of Cicero, Ill., and Wal-Mart Stores announced an agreement on Tuesday to build a Walmart Supercenter on a portion of a former racetrack site.
Under the contract, Wal-Mart will pay $7.5 million for 24.67 acres of land at the long-vacant and dilapidated Sportsman’s racetrack to construct a 190,000-sq.-ft. store.
Cicero will continue to own 10 acres of the remaining Sportsman's property, which is reserved for future retail expansion and development.