- Three Takeaways from Walgreens’ Innovation Strategy
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- Survey: Pharmacists, staff key to pharmacy customer satisfaction
- Walgreens swings to Q4 loss amid acquisition charge
- Walgreens holding developer contest for third-party app developers
Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreen Co. reported Tuesday that net income for the quarter ended Feb. 28 rose to $739 million, compared with $669 million in the year-ago period. However, gross profit margin remained flat at 28.8%, disappointing Wall Street, which expected more from the drugstore operator.
Revenue climbed 9% to $18.5 billion. Same-store sales and prescription sales each rose 4%.