- Study: Only 5% of Americans have made purchase on a social media site
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Amazon expands deal with Twitter to include ‘Wish List’
- Twitter testing ‘buy’ button enabling shopping directly from a Tweet
- Facebook Q2 revenue, profit soar amid strong increases in mobile ad spending
Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens said Friday it has surpassed 1 million fans on Facebook, and has also integrated its network of more than 7,700 drug stores through mobile platforms on Facebook Places and Foursquare.
Walgreens said it has become the chain drugstore retailer with the largest following on Foursquare, while developing a growing presence on other social communities, including Twitter and YouTube.
“We’ve embraced social media, and the consumer engagement we've generated shows the value of these tools for our customers and the many ways they interact with Walgreens,” said Sona Chawla, Walgreens president of e-commerce. Through these social media tools, we’re able to extend valuable offers and effectively interact with our followers through a number of different online and mobile vehicles.”