- Three Takeaways from Walgreens’ Innovation Strategy
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- American Apparel’s new board includes its first female director, and RadioShack CEO
- Walgreens holding developer contest for third-party app developers
- Walgreens outlines new operational leadership structure
Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens had December sales of $7.20 billion, an increase of 7.2% from $6.72 billion for the same month in fiscal 2013.
Total front-end sales increased 4% compared with the same month in fiscal 2013, while same-store front-end sales increased 2.5%. Same-store sales increased 6.1%. Same-store customer traffic decreased 1.3%, while basket size increased 3.8%. Calendar 2013 sales were $73.72 billion, an increase of 4.5% from $70.52 billion in 2012. Walgreens opened five stores during December, including one relocation, acquired three stores and closed six.