- Three Takeaways from Walgreens’ Innovation Strategy
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- American Apparel’s new board includes its first female director, and RadioShack CEO
- Walgreens holding developer contest for third-party app developers
- Walgreens outlines new operational leadership structure
Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens reported Wednesday that total sales for the month of September fell 7.8% to $5.48 billion. Front-end sales dipped 0.4% and same-store sales for the front decreased 1.5%.
Customer traffic fell off 2.3% in September, but the biggest factor in the slowed performance was the 10.3% decrease in same-store prescription sales for the month.
Overall, same-store sales dropped 11.1%.