- Three Takeaways from Walgreens’ Innovation Strategy
- WebMD Health and Walgreens in partnership to improve health and wellness
- American Apparel’s new board includes its first female director, and RadioShack CEO
- Walgreens holding developer contest for third-party app developers
- Walgreens outlines new operational leadership structure
Deerfield, Ill. -- Walgreens on Monday reported October sales of $6 billion, down 2.1% compared with October 2011. The results include the brunt of the impact from Hurricane Sandy — at the peak of the storm, approximately 750 of 1,400 stores in the impacted area were closed, Walgreens said. Nearly all of those locations have since reopened.
Total same-store sales were down 5.9%.
The chain also announced that its new Balance Rewards loyalty program, which has been available for only six weeks, has signed more than 28 million customers through Oct. 31.