- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Kantar Retail: Target Canada beats Walmart Canada on pricing
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Emerging Retail Markets: Chile and China Tops for Expansion
Hong Kong -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Tuesday it has named Greg Foran as president and CEO of Walmart China. Foran, who joined Walmart last October, is a long-time veteran of Australian retailing group Woolworths, where his areas of experience included operations, merchandising, marketing and replenishment.
Foran succeeds Ed Chan, who resigned last year after a food scandal that involved mislabeled pork and the forced temporary closures of a dozen stores in central China.
Foran currently is senior VP, Walmart International. His new role becomes effective on March 1.